Meeting the Challenge of Change
"We are at that very point in time when a 400-year-old age is dying and another is struggling to be born -- a shifting of culture, science, society, and institutions enormously greater than the world has ever experienced. Ahead, the possibility of the regeneration of individuality, liberty, community, and ethics such as the world has never known, and a harmony with nature, with one another, and with the divine intelligence such as the world has never dreamed." ~Dee Hock
CHANGE is the challenge of the 21st Century. No matter who you are, what you do, how well you have done it in the past, how well you are doing it, change, rapid change, discontinuous change, fundamental change, transformational change, is the “name of the game” in today’s complex, turbulent, challenging world of change.
Welcome to the 21st Century! This Century has opened with incredible change: the bursting of the tech bubble; 9-11 and the fall of the Towers; the demise of Wall Street; the struggle on
To meet the challenge of change, both the known and the unknown, as a leader/ manager you must know what kind of change you are dealing with. There are three kinds of change:
- Traditional Change – linear and additive change, doing better, process improvement.
- Transitional Change – This is commonly known as “managing change.” The kind of change you can manage is change where you know your starting point and your end point. The primary tools for transitional change are project management and risk management.
- Transformational Change – Transformational change is the discontinuous change, the fundamental change, the change that requires a break with the past. This is called leading change.
As Dee Hock says, we are at the break of an old era and the beginning of a new era. This will require fundamental change and how we organize, how we manage, how we lead.
Keynotes on Change:
- Dancing With A Gorilla: Mastering the Challenge of Change
- Change Masters: Leading Change in a Turbulent World
- Mastering Breakpoint Change: The 21st Century Challenge
Programs on Change:
- Leading Change: Eight Ways to Succeed at Transformation
- Personal and Professional Change
- Make it Happen: Create Change Now!
- Life Changes
INFORMATION & BOOKING: